At the moment, your ice cubes are sure to be forgotten at the back of your freezer, waiting for the Summer to be added to freshly made cocktails. But why not put them to other uses? In fact, there are plenty of clever ways to use them -you may be surprised! We have already showed you how to use them to smooth wrinkled clothes, and now it’s time to discover 11 other unusual uses!
1) Rub an ice cube to your eyebrows for 30 seconds before tweezing, for pain free hair removal
2) Dry your nail varnish as if by magic by soaking your nails in a bowl of iced water for a few seconds
3) After hitting off something, apply ice cubes directly to the area to prevent and limit bruising
4) Have a splinter? Rub an ice cube to the area for a few seconds in order to remove it painlessly
5) Put some ice cubes into a metal ladle. Rub it over the surface of your soup or stew to solidify and thus remove traces of fat.
6) Wrap an ice cube in a clean face cloth and apply it to spots in order to reduce swelling, redness and inflammation
7) Place a few ice cubes on a flattened area of a carpet or rug. Leave them to melt and dry, to say goodbye to such marks.
8) Wrap an ice cube in a paper towel and apply it to your face for a smoother complexion and to close pores before applying your makeup
Smoothness guaranteed! This works like a primer.
9) Use ice cubes to freeze any chewing stuck to a carpet, clothing or your hair, and scrub. It will be far easier to remove.
10) Place an ice cube on top of a bowl of rice that you want to reheat in the microwave. It will come out nice and hot, without becoming dried out.
This can also work for pasta!
11) Before taking medicine that has a horrible taste, use an ice cube to ‘anesthetise’ your tongue beforehand, to notice the bad taste a little less.