The area under the eyes is often particularly delicate and fragile. Contrary to the skin on your face, this area can’t rely on oil glands for hydration, which adds a step to our skin care routine. And we can’t just apply any old thing to this sensitive area, in case of irritating the eyes or damaging the skin. Finding the perfect treatment first go can also be tricky. This is why we have two eye masks for you today, which you can try out depending on your needs and your weekly routine. They are easy to make and amazingly effective!
In order to look after the area under your eyes, why not also consider making your own serum especially designed to treat bags under your eyes and dark circles?
1) For puffy and tired eyes
What you need:
- Half a cucumber
- 30 mls rose water
- A blender
- Make up remover pads cut into half moon shapes (the ideal shape for the under-eye area)
1) Mix the cucumber and rose water in the blender until the mixture is liquid and smooth.
2) Pour it into a bowl.
3) Soak your makeup remover pads, squeeze them out to remove the excess and immerse them in the mixture again. This will help them absorb the product to the max.
4) Place your soaked cotton discs into a freezer bag which goes straight into the freezer.
5) Thaw them for 10 minutes before using them. Apply a half moon to each eye and leave it to work for 10 to 15 minutes.
2) For fine lines and wrinkles
What you need:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 vitamin E capsule (or 5 drops)
1) Beat the eggs until they form a mousse.
2) Add the vitamin E and continue stirring.
3) Apply it to the area with the tip of your finger or with a clean makeup brush. Don’t forget the corners of the eyes. Leave it to work for 10 minutes and rinse.