In the summer heat, body odours are more present and more persistent, in spite of all the showers we take and deodorant we apply! It’s very frustrating, but these surprising tips could help you reduce the odours that plague you when temperatures rise.
1) Put some kitty litter into an old pair of stockings. Make a knot in them and slip them into your shoes, leaving them at least overnight.
The kitty litter absorbs moisture… and odours. But keep it well out of the cat’s way, just in case! If you don’t have any kitty litter, you can also use bicarbonate of soda, which will do the job just as well.
2) Put some white vinegar in the armpits of your tops to remove bacteria and odours. Put the whole lot in the machine: your t-shirt will come out clear of odours and sweat will be removed.
3) Try out a natural deodorant made from coconut oil, cornstarch and bicarbonate of soda, mixed in equal parts in a sealable container.
Alum crystals can also work extremely well for certain people.
4) If your t-shirt or trousers smell bad, put them in the freezer in a freezer bag for an hour or two and the odour will have disappeared. (And what a pleasure to put on cool clothes!)
5) Do you notice a bit of a pong in the middle of a night out? Rub a little vodka to your armpits to create a more pleasant odour. If you can give a blast of dry air to the area it will dry it out even faster. The bacteria that cause the odours will be eliminated.