We may think a rubber eraser is something only used in school, or by those who sketch. But as you may have noticed if you’ve been carefully reading Granny’s Tips, we love using objects in ways that they were not intended, making them even more useful than they already are. And of course, rubber erasers are one of the things that we like to use in different and unique ways. Here is how you can put your eraser to intelligent use.
1) Stick one or two rubbers to the back of a picture frame to avoid getting marks on the wall.
2) An eraser can help you remove all traces of a sticky label.
3) Remove streaks or scratches from a lino floor.
4) Clean and polish gold with it! As well as removing any little residues of grease, it will remove all dirt and stains.
5) With a small rubber, remove mud and dirt from the soles of your shoes. It’s an ideal size for the job!
6) Use it as a pin cushion.
7) With a clean, soft rubber, you can remove streaks from a television screen.
Rub it gently and wipe it with a cloth. Repeat if necessary.