There are a wide range of factors that affect the condition of our skin, such as genetics, smoking, poor diet or wearing makeup, etc. Subjected to the trials of everyday life (pollution, insomnia, stress, etc.), our skin can quickly lose its lustre, its vitality and its brightness. To combat this problem, try out this mask that fights against skin sensitivity, nourishes the epidermis and at the same time hydrates and effectively brightens the skin tone. This mask can be repeated once a week, in the evenings.
Here are the various ingredients and their benefits for your skin:
- Bicarbonate of soda: antibacterial, antiseptic, rebalances the skin’s pH, deeply cleans the pores and fights against excess oils, brightening your skin.
- Lemon: whitening, nourishing and healing, helps eliminate blackheads while cleaning the pores and removing bacteria from the skin, fights against skin ageing. Lemon is photosensitive, so you should apply this mask at night.
- Coconut oil: rich in vitamin E (which is excellent for the skin) and in fatty acids which deeply hydrate the skin.
- Tea tree essential oil: antibacterial, anti-infectious, toning and healing, treats acne and promotes healing while brightening the skin.
Some of these ingredients can aggravate the skin (notably the lemon and the tea tree oil), and it is important not to use them directly on the skin, but to follow the measurements and method indicated below.
What you need:
- 2 dessertspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 drops of tea tree essential oil
- The juice of half a freshly squeezed lemon
- 4 dessertspoons of coconut oil
1) Firstly mix the lemon with the bicarbonate of soda. Leave it to sit for a moment until the mixture has stopped fizzing.
2) Add the other ingredients and stir it until you get a nice smooth paste.
3) Wash your face (never apply treatments to an unwashed face). Apply the mixture all over your face, avoiding the mouth and eye areas.
4) Leave it to work for 3 to 4 minutes to start with, rinse it with plenty of water and moisturise. Over time, you can gradually increase the time you leave it on for to up to 10 minutes.