The fight against dust is never ending, and requires almost daily attention to keep it at bay. The problem is that as well as not having the time, we’re not exactly that motivated to go about this tiresome chore, especially if you have to go dusting the entire house! This is why we have an effective dust removing product for you that you can make yourself at home, which keeps dust at bay for longer.
What you need:
- A glass of mustard water
- 4 dessertspoons of white vinegar
- 2 dessertspoons of olive oil (which prevents the dust from coming back and protects the wood)
- 10-15 drops of citronella essential oil (chosen for its antibacterial properties and pleasant odour, which repels insects. However, you can replace it with lemon, lavender, peppermint, cinnamon, tea tree or orange essential oil if you prefer)
- A clean spray flask
1) Mix the ingredients together.
2) Pour the mixture into a clean spray flask.
3) Shake the mixture before each use. Even if the essential oil doesn’t mix, this step is crucial before spraying, to ensure all the ingredients work with maximum efficiency.
4) Spray the area you need to dust and remove all the dust with a microfibre cloth. You can also apply the mixture directly to the cloth if you prefer.