Although the days are getting ever so slightly longer and we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, temperatures outside are still cold and changeable, which means our bodies have to work harder to keep up. And when the body gets tired and low on energy, morale can also suffer, and we can descend into bad humour. The duration of the colder weather can start to take its toll, and we may at this point be losing our lustre.
It’s no surprise that this happens, but to take simple action, we propose that you try this juice, with aromatic spices that are sure to delight, and containing ingredients to boost your energy and morale in just a few delicious sips.
What you need:
- 1 litre of organic apple juice, without sugar or additives (regulatory, alkaline, purifying and detoxing).
- The zest of an organic lemon (which is richer than the pulp and thus better for the immune system. It also makes for an excellent antidepressant, like all citrus fruits, which are alkaline, antioxidant and support digestion).
- The skin of half an organic orange (stimulant and promotes positive mood, while helping you to better absorb energy from sunlight).
- 1 slice of fresh ginger (stimulates the metabolism and immune system, fights against stress, pain and inflammation and supports digestion).
- 1 stick of Ceylan cinnamon (stimulant, boosts mood and regulates glucose levels).
- 1 pinch of cardamon (stimulant, improves appetite, limits stress and anxiety and prevents fatigue).
- 3 pieces of star anise (stimulant, regulates the digestive system and combats water retention).
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper (stimulates the metabolism)
- 25 g of honey (nutritious and rich in vitamins and minerals)
1) Mix the apple juice with the spices and the zests.
2) Heat the mixture and keep it on the heat for a quarter of an hour.
3) Take it off the heat and leave it to stand for around ten minutes.
4) Strain the mixture and add the honey.
You can drink it hot or cold at any time of day. Just be sure to consume it in between your main meals.