Hair gel is not cheap, and it can irritate a sensitive scalp or cause eczema. It is therefore recommended to go for a more natural alternative. With this recipe, you’ll see that it is not at all difficult to make your own natural hair gel, for very little cost!
What you need:
- A cup of very hot water
- 10 drops of essential oil
1. Pour the hot water into a container.
2. Add the gelatine. You need 1/2 a teaspoon if you want a soft texture; 3/4 of a teaspoon if you want an average texture. For a strong, firm texture, add a full teaspoon of gelatine.
3. For a wet look gel, add some vegetable glycerin or aloe vera gel.
4. Leave in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Add the essential oil(s) of your choice and mix well.
And there you go! The gel will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge.