We’ve all experienced the disagreeable sensation of putting on a new t-shirt that feels like donning a sheet of cardboard. In most cases, a new top brings nothing like the comfort of slipping into an old t-shirt that has been worn and washed time and time again (which may explain why we are sometimes reluctant to clear out our wardrobes!) However, there is a simple way of making a new t-shirt lovely and soft, and making the fibres more comfortable against your skin. Follow this guide!
What you need:
- 140 g of table salt
- 1 litre of hot water
- A basin or other large container
1) Add the hot water and salt to the container. Stir it until the salt is well dissolved.
2) Pop your t-shirt in and immerse it well.
3) Leave it to soak for three days (yes, good results take patience!) Every day, give the water and the t-shirt a stir. You will see salt crystals forming, which is perfectly normal.
4) Pop the t-shirt in the washing machine as you would with any new item of clothing. It will come out clean and soft, and wearing it will be a real pleasure!