It only takes a bad cut, or for it to be the week of your period, in order to find blood stains on your mattress. And we can think it’s a catastrophe! We imagine the mattress is ruined, even if the stain is very small. In fact, blood is one of the most difficult stains to remove, and if you don’t use the right method, you can in fact make the stain bigger.
For example, did you know that you should never put hot water on a blood stain, so as not to embed it further? And did you also know that rubbing a blood stain only pushes the stain deeper into the fabric? In short, here is an old wives’ tip for getting rid of this undesirable stain.
What you need:
- 50 g of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 dessertspoon of cold water
- 1 dessertspoon of coarse salt
- A brush and a vacuum cleaner
1) Mix the three ingredients together to make a paste.
2) Apply this paste to the blood stain. Leave it to work for thirty minutes to allow it to dry.
3) Brush the mattress in the area of the stain, brushing outwards.
4) Hoover up the paste with the vacuum cleaner.
5) If the stain is still visible, repeat the above steps, dabbing the stain when you apply the paste.