Up until now, we have given you a number of recipes for making your own detergent (such as this article on how to make detergent using wood ash). It’s something we encourage you to do, because of the toxic products contained in the detergents you buy in the shops. It is also good from an economic point of view, and it is great for people with sensitive skin, or who suffer from allergies or itching caused by shop bought detergents. You are bound to like this recipe, because its lavender odour is particularly pleasant. Overall, this recipe is good for your skin and easy to make.
What you need:
- 1 litre of water
- 45 g of organic soap flakes
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
- 3 dessertspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- A bucket to mix it in and an empty can or container
1) Put the soap flakes into a clean bucket and pour a litre of boiling water into the bucket.
2) Stir until the soap flakes have fully dissolved.
3) Add the bicarbonate of soda and allow it to cool.
4) Finish by adding the drops of essential oils, stir it and leave it to sit for a full 24 hours.
The detergent is ready to be poured into your container! Shake it before using it.