Sometimes, it is enough to simply combine a few natural ingredients to save on your medical expenses. Our ancestors weren’t relying on pharmacies to treat all their ailments, but rather they found traditional remedies in nature. This is the case when you combine honey and cinnamon, which has been used as a cure since ancient times. The Egyptians used it to treat injuries. The Greeks used it as an elixir to promote a long life. As for the Hindus, they thought of it as the secret to a healthy and balanced body. And nowadays, there is more than one health specialist to be surprised by this ancestral remedy!
- Use it to replace your jams or mix two dessertspoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon in a large glass of water, which you drink. This will have beneficial effects on your cholesterol.
- An infusion made with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and a large spoon of honey will help treat bladder infections.
- A dessertspoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon will treat a cough and a congested nose if you catch cold.
- Two spoons of honey with a little cinnamon added is a good remedy to take before a heavy meal, to relieve stomach acidity and to help with digestion.
- If you suffer from arthritis, you can add 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to 250 mls of water, and drink half of it first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, and the rest in the evening before going to bed.
But what we recommend overall is that you consume this mixture on a daily basis, as it reinforces the immune system and protects the body from viral and bacterial infections, while also reducing gas. One dessertspoon is enough for an adult, and one teaspoon for a child.
You can prepare it in advance and keep it in jar, consuming it daily, either as an infusion, mixed into your yoghurt or in a fruit juice. You simply need to avoid cooking it. If you have any doubts or questions, ask your GP for advice.