Bleach is a classic when it comes to household cleaning. It is certainly effective, but it also has many disadvantages, meaning we can become disenchanted with it. Finding alternatives is thus important for effectively completing our cleaning tasks, especially when it comes to laundry that we need to keep white. We are well aware of the vinegar and oxygenated water mix that many people use, because this has the advantages of being effective and of not harming the environment, although it can be very irritating for the skin, eyes and respiratory passages. This is why today we have a gentler mixture for you, that is extremely effective, and will have you leaving the bottle of bleach in the very back of your cupboards!
What you need:
- 2.8 litres of water
- 60 mls of lemon juice (or grapefruit juice)
- 240 mls of hydrogen peroxide
1) Mix all of the ingredients together. Don’t be afraid to stir them, as they won’t release any dangerous vapours.
2) Keep the mixture in a clean airtight container or in a spray flask, depending on what you want to use it for (cleaning the bathroom, toilets, etc.)
3) Add 500 mls of this mixture to your washing machine if you are using it for laundry.