You may well have done everything you were supposed to in terms of looking after your skin (moisturising, getting enough rest, eating healthily, etc.) and avoided any bad habits (smoking, sunbathing until your skin is made of leather, getting stressed, etc.). However, there comes a moment in all of our lives when wrinkles start to appear. Skin inevitably starts to lose its elasticity, and this is when creases start to form.
In order to ensure your face stays smoother and more wrinkle free, there are numerous alternatives to surgery. This very simple mask (much loved by grannies the world over) is known for its skin tightening effect and its long term efficacy.
What you need:
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
1) Beat an egg white with a fork until it forms a foam.
2) Add the lemon and mix it until smooth.
3) Apply this treatment to a clean face, using the tips of your fingers. Make sure to spread it in circular movements.
4) Leave it to work for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water and moisturising.
Repeat this natural mask twice a week for optimal results. Ideally apply it at night so as not to have any problems linked to the light sensitivity effects of the lemon.
Why is this mask effective?
The two ingredients contained in this mask have multiple benefits.
The egg white
- Highly nutritious, it provides the skin with protein, vitamins (B2, B12, D, K, A and E) and minerals (zinc and phosphorous).
- It closes the pores and cleans and firms the skin.
- The antioxidant vitamin E it contains prevents and fights against wrinkles.
- It is also a source of vitamins and minerals.
- Its richness in vitamin C is great for limiting the effects of free radicals.
- It brightens the skin and gives it a healthy glow.
- It closes the pores and thanks to its astringent properties, it can give the skin a lift.