There is nothing like the washing machine when it comes to washing clothes and other laundry items. And naturally, we want to keep it running for as long as possible, and to make sure it retains all its cleaning efficiency. In order to ensure it does to, we recommend that you complete the following steps, which will help you to keep your washing machine in ship shape. This method is a natural way of looking after your machine, without the need for toxic chemicals or expensive products.
What you need:
- White vinegar
- Bicarbonate of soda
- An old clean toothbrush
1) Set the washing machine to its hottest and longest cycle.
2) Add 1 litre of white vinegar.
3) Add one cup of bicarbonate of soda.
4) Set the machine running and allow it to run a full load cycle for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Stop the cycle and wait an hour (to allow the vinegar and baking soda to work) then switch it back on, allowing the machine to finish the cycle.
6) Repeat a second time, using only vinegar this time.
7) With an old clean toothbrush, scrub the difficult-to-reach areas such as the detergent drawer, the seals or the rim of the door/lid.