There are no surprises here: the tools we use for cleaning can sometimes be the dirtiest of all! At this is particularly the case with sponges, which labour all day long, cleaning every possible and every imaginable surface. And the more we scrub and clean off dirt, the faster they age. So to reduce the budget allocated to sponges (not enormous, we know, but savings are savings!), try out this technique to revive them and make them last longer.
What you need:
- 250 mls hot water
- 1 dessertspoon of sodium percarbonate
- A large bowl
1) Start by heating the water and pour it into the bowl.
2) Next add the sodium percarbonate and stir.
3) Put the sponge into the mixture and allow it to soak for a minimum of 2 hours.
4) Rinse it with clear water.
Bonus tips: This technique also works with coarse salt and white vinegar, or by putting the sponge in the dishwasher after sprinkling it with salt. Finally, a turn in the microwave can help get rid of bacteria, as we previously explained to you in this article.