A cough is one of the most annoying symptoms when we are sick. Your throat is on fire and you can’t seem to calm the horrible sensation in your chest. And a bad cough can even become painful. Children often have a sweet tasting cough syrup, and with the recipe we are proposing today, adults can have their own! This alcohol based syrup will effectively soothe the throat and calm a cough.
What you need:
- 60 mls of whiskey or bourbon
- the juice of half a lemon
- 100 mls of water (optional)
- 1 dessertspoon of honey
1) In a glass or a cup, mix the bourbon or whiskey with the lemon juice and water (if you add the water, it makes the mixture a little less strong).
2) Put the mixture into the microwave for 45 seconds.
3) Add the honey.
4) Put it into the microwave for another 45 seconds.
5) And it’s ready! Drink it hot, but not so hot as to burn yourself! Drink it before going to bed in order to sleep better, as your throat will be soothed throughout the night (and the alcohol will heat you up as well! 😉 ).
Watch the video by clicking here.